Tuesday, May 12, 2009

It's the little things in life

At work today I took a quick run to Sonic b/c I was in desperate need of "a fix". My coworker Dana and I will usually trade off making Sonic runs and as I've expressed in previous posts, it pains me that everytime I pull in, I'm nothing but a stranger to them. As much as it hurts - I have come to terms with it and try not to expect any form of recognition from the staff.

And then today...it happened

I pull into the drive thru and before I even begin to speak - I hear this magical question thru the speaker:

"Just a Vanilla Dr. Pepper today?"

My mouth dropped open..."Did I hear that right?" It took everything in me not to scream out in sheer joy!!!!!

I get to the window and the girl that hands me my drink said she recognized my car so she knew what I ordered - as if she was defending herself b/c she thought it may be weird...she was soon to find out that I was def. the weirdo! At this point, this girl was my new best friend and I couldn't hold it in anymore! I told her all about my "good ol' Sonic Days" and when I heard her say my drink order over the speaker it TOTALLY made my day!

It was the best tasting Vanilla Dr. Pepper I've had since living in Georgia.



(No need to post a comment about what a loser I am that I'm actually blogging about THIS...I'm well aware ppl...WELL aware.)

13 comments:

Kristin said...

It's a sign. Need I say More?

Elisha Wiggins said...

I'm sipping my sonic right now as I type...I'm glad that the girl appreciated what a VIP loyal customer you are!

Jenna Hardy said...

ahhhh!!! I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!! hehe

sarah elizabeth said...

not weird, not at all... have you seen some of my blog posts?
next on my list is to go through my purse and relate each item inside to my personality type and what it really says about "ME". ha ha ha. we all have our highlights. blog it girl!

McGhan Family said...

You're such a dork! Although some of our best memories as friends and roommates and co-workers, i must say, did involve Sonic runs. Life just tastes better with a vanilla DP!!

Carrie said...

This is no way shape or form means that you are allowed to stay in Georgia!!! Sonic needs you here. You dont want them to forget you now do you??? xoxo

Chelsey Howard said...

You are so cute:) But totally right, little things like that totally make my day:)

Katie B. said...

You are so lucky to have a sonic close by! I usually went once or twice a week in az... now the closest sonic to me is like 30 minutes away :( How lame is that!

Meghan White said...

Ah the simple pleasures!!

Kara Jones said...

great, happy for you, now you can get your poison with a personal greeting.

Carrie Loren Leah said...

I second that one!

The Gotzingers said...

That is just too funny!! But yet so appropriate for you!! :o)

Myke said...

Haha, that's hilarious. Count on you Jazz to have a post devoted to vanilla DP and Sonic. Classic!