Sunday, April 27, 2008

Our "Suwanee Ward" Debut

So today Rod and I spoke for the first time in our new ward. We've been there for 5 months & we thought we were totally safe! They threw us into Nursery pretty quick so we were able to "hide out" for quite some time. Well 2 weeks ago...Rod decided to go find a member of the bishopric to give our tithing to cuz we had the kids eating their snacks and we always have a tough time finding someone after church to give it to. He was gone for 5 mins...and he came back with the 2nd counselor by his side...yep, busted. There are so many new ppl moving into the ward so we were only "new" for about a week!
Anyways - I guess it was inevitable. My talk went well...I always get really nervous for some reason and I'm pretty sure my voice was a little shaky the entire time, but I got the congregation to laugh twice during my talk which helped me relax a little! PHEW! Rodney did amazing! He acts so calm and his words just flow so elegantly, kinda makes me sick. :~)
I guess the good thing is we won't have to give another talk until we move back to AZ! YAY! And don't worry...we are still believers in paying our tithing...but we now recommend MAILING it instead!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ha ha, we spoke the week before you did!! Looks like you're having fun!!