Sunday, December 7, 2008

Giving Thanks...Arizona Style!

We got to go to AZ for Thanksgiving...this was the year all my cousins would be in Mesa (except for Jeremy who's at Lackland Air Force Base in San Antonio). Rod & I flew in and shared a plane ride with the UofA basketball team! I'm thankful I don't face half of the discomfort they do trying to squeeze 6ft. 8in. into a tiny airplane seat for the 4.5 hr flight! Phew!
After our flight we got our Costa Vida fix...I'm thankful for sweet pork tacos. Coldplay was that night and I thought they were playing at Dodge Theater in downtown Phoenix. We were already an hour late (on purpose) when we arrived at a DARK and EMPTY Dodge and realized it was at Jobing.Com arena in Glendale...another 30 mins away! I'm thankful Coldplay waited for Rod and I to show up...the show was grand, and they played "
The Scientist" in the audience...acoustic style - I couldn't have asked for more from them.

After the co
ncert we had planned on meeting friends at Sonic. I'm thankful for my friends that waited over an hour in the cold just to see my ugly mug. U guys are the BEST!

Next day was Thanksgiving!!! I'm thankful for my loud/crazy/hilarious family and a home cooked meal that I had nothing to do with.

After our feast...it was time for KICKBALL!


The family kickball game has been a decade long battle between boys vs. girls. We've had injuries...screaming fights...and several of us have been on the verge of disownment. But it's by far one of the funnest things we do as a family.

Girls Team...we make kickball look good.

Boys team...a couple suffered from Turkey bowl accidents - including 2 broken ribs and a major foot trauma. Still killed us 17-3. I'm thankful Rod wants to stay married to me after witnessing his first Julander/Durney Kickball match. :~) It gets real ugly sometimes...


That nigh
t all the girls in the fam...and Blakey went to see Twilight. Why all the haters...yes it was low budget but I thought it was charming. Ok I didn't like Jasper who reminded me of a blonde version of Johnny Depp in "Edward Scissor Hands"...weirdo. But I'm thankful for Edward Cullen personified. :~)

After Twilight Anais and I went with Jax and Jamie on a "Sunday Drive"...on Thursday. (Thanks for pointing that out Jam) :~) I'm thankful for QT being open on Thanksgiving b/c a Sunday Drive is not complete without a van
illa Dr. Pepper.

Guns. M
y grandpa has tons of em. So we drove out to the desert for a little shootin' trip. I'm thankful my grandpa can still bust out a .357 MAG and take down target after target with one hand. What a stud.

The big
girl cousins...we love eachother (and hoodies)

Ana
is and Danna lovin' on Rod dawg.

I tried to spend as much time with this lil' guy as I could. I'm thankful my nephew doesn't cry when I go to pick him up even tho I'm a complete and total stranger to him!

Gibson absolutely LOVED Rod...it was seriously the cutest thing ever. I was somewhat jealous but how can you feel anything negative towards these 2?!?!? AWE!

A few other highlights that unfortunately I don't have the pictures to prove:

*Birthday dinner and party for Buddy Nick
*Happy Hour at Applebee's with the old gang

*Karaoke night at Native New Yorker

*Shopping with Care Bear Square Hair

*Getting to see friends and family (not everyone unfortunately) :~(
*Breakfast with the girls and our husbands/soon-to-be husbands at GIANT HAMBURGER

*Beating everyone in Settlers & getting to write my name in the box (more gratifying b/c I stomped Kara & Q at their own game) HA!
*Dinner at Sekai Sushi


Well I thought I'd finish my posting bc Rod's away at a campout...yes he's now an advisor in Young Men's! I have no problem being alone at night, but I def. don't like the fact that the bugs can sense when my husband is away!! I just killed this...

Say hello to this filthy creature better known as the House Centipede...creepy huh!? It almost makes me miss scorpions...but not quite!

8 comments:

Mallory said...

EW! those house centipedes are the nastiest and scariest things ever! we had a ton of them in st louis. i haven't seen a scorpian yet.. but yuck! hate those huge bugs!

C-E-L-I-N-E said...

escusee moi!!!
u have like zip pics of m e!!!
grrrr it makes me verrry ENVIOUS!!!
but then again, u gotta remember...
"life is like a circle, there are no corners or angles, not like a triangle... but like a circle...."
hhahaha :P

C-E-L-I-N-E said...

oh whoops! i just realized dat... hahha sorry bout the mistake i made...
43 days til my bday!!! im so FRICKIN excited!!!
did u get anythin on my wish lisst?

Kara Jones said...

ooh that bug is creepy.
And STOMPED me @ Settler's, you're seriously mistaken. Enjoy the one-time victory. Rematch in FEB.

Kara Jones said...

What the heck is Celine talking about? I'm making her change her picture too.

Carrie Loren Leah said...

What the?!?!?!!!!!! Jaz that bug is almost as bad as the snake in my house!! Actually I feel that they are very comparable!!! omg. looking at that makes me shiver!! Im glad it didnt get you! Miss you already. xoxo

Chelsey Howard said...

K that bug really is disgusting!!! EWWW!!! But your Thanksgiving looks like so much fun!!! Sorry about the loss with kickball, you'll get em next year:)

Chelsey Howard said...

P.S. Vanilla Dr. Pepper is the best!!