Saturday, December 20, 2008

Rod's Bday and Baby Leah!

I'm late but I wanted to give my hubby a shout out for turning the big 2-8 on the 15th!!!


15 attributes I LOVE about my Rod dawg
1. His laugh - this has prolly been my favorite thing about him since I've known him. Especially when he's talking on the phone with his brother Russell...Erin u know what I'm talkin bout.
2. His sense of style- even tho he's super picky, I appreciate that he doesn't dress like a frumpster.
3. He's athletic and knows a ton when it comes to sports - I've always liked that in a guy.
4. Rod can cook! If I ask him to cook something, he willingly whips something up and it will taste good too!
5. His hugs and kisses - the best in the west...or I guess east now! :~)
6. His patience and calm demeanor - I don't know how he does it!? Especially being married to me!
7. He is super funny - most ppl don't know this about him when they first meet him b/c he can be rather quiet...but his best friends/family know he is hilarious!
8. Rod is Mr. Handyman - he has such a vast horizon of knowledge when it comes to "man stuff" and I am so impressed by his abilities!
9. His loyalty to his friends - he would do ANYTHING for them. Lucky for me I'm his BEST friend!
10. His work ethic...I'm never worried that Rod will always work hard and will succeed in whatever he does!
11. He's a worthy priesthood holder - 'nuff said.
12. His spirituality and gospel knowledge - I still can't get him to write my talks for me tho!
13. How much he adores his nieces and nephews - it gives me complete confidence he will be a great dad someday.
14. His subtle surprises - I'm nearly impossible to fool but he still manages to sneak a Sonic trip when I least expect it.
15. The love he has for his family - I have never heard Rod speak poorly of anyone in his family, he is so forgiving and has the utmost respect for all of them.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this pic of him....how adorable is he?! PS he tries this face now...not the same effect as it prolly was then. haha!


So here's to my birthday boy - I LOVE YOU BABE!!! Ur the BEST and I'm thankful to call you mine!

Alright so our friend Kristin is quite the baker - I'm not just saying that either just b/c I know she'll read this. :~) Everything she makes is fabulous. Well Byron (her husband that Rod and I work with) gets this bright idea to have Kristin construct a birthday cake ESPECIALLY for Rodney....it's not what ur thinking ppl....

Those of you who know me rather well are aware that I HATE several words in the english language. This picture below is a replica of the one I despise the most!

Yup...starts with a P ends with an OOP. I had to call it "Turd Cake" or "Crap Cake" b/c I physically can't bring myself to say the word.

Her fecal matter smorgasbord...impressive right?! A big thanks to Kristin for her willingness to actually make Byron's sick, twisted vision into a reality - and still making something so vile, so delicious! Rod especially appreciated it! :~)

Ok I know this deserves it's own post but wanted to give a shout out to Carrie and Loren who had their beautiful baby girl - Leah Bee on Dec. 6th!!! She's a DOLL and I can't wait to meet her!! Love u guys!


Well I better get packin' - Rod and I are off to Texas for Christmas in the morning. Hope everyone has a safe and Happy Holiday! 'Til next year!

5 comments:

Mindy Pickett said...

ok I DIE everytime I see that picture of him! omg I love it! haha. miss you guys!

ps-this is square hair. i just am on mindellas computer!

Meghan White said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Meghan White said...

Ok that cake is so funny! I totally knew it was poo cake before I even started reading! Happy Birthday Rod Dog!!

Kara Jones said...

If you could have a little boy that looks just like Rod at that age that would be SAW-wheat! The little nephew would get tons of kisses and pinches on his cheeks,...and I'd be his least favorite aunt as a result...

Kara Jones said...

and as for #15 on the Rod list, WOW! Nobody in our family has had 100% passing grade in that department.
Good for u Rod, good for you.