Monday, December 5, 2011

Pura Vida


Everyone once in awhile, an opportunity comes along that you just can't turn down. That was the case with our recent Costa Rica trip. To say this past year has been "rough" would be an understatement...so we justifiably rewarded ourselves. 

On our way with "Sunshine" in tow. (Anais & Chad sent Cannon a care package while he was in the hospital and this lil' turtle was included...it wrapped around his ventilator and we now use it as a special reminder.

On 1 of our 2 attempts to find and feed some monkeys! Failed both times...but atleast the scenery was nice!

El Avion - literally a giant plane converted into a restaurant/pub on the side of the mountain in Quepos...Gibson is always willing to take a pic with us!

Palm tree on our beach that happened to be crawling with ants...still made Rod climb it to snap a pic! :~)

Vista Los Suenos Canopy Tour - AWESOME!!! Yes, I had to wear a man's harness :~(
So happy to be zip-lining!

What a view!
Quepos National Park- complete with sloths, anteaters, monkeys and iguanas.

Little Mermaid reenactment.
Typical Costa Rican cuisine in Jaco.

My main squeeze with fresh squeezed pineapple juice.


Little crabs and snails ALL over our beach!
Gibson and Lennox demonstrating our morning ritual
Griffith Park flashback...except that was over 20 years ago and involved enclosed rings and much smaller horses. I guess there was a language barrier when we told them how long ago we had ridden...bc that got us a pretty advanced jungle/beach tour. But we survived!
Cinderella and Luna (daughter & mother duo)
Rode to Tres Amigos
See that white house in the background...see the beach...yeah that's how close we were.
Fresh coconut water everyday! Delish and so good for you!
Wish I could just walk out in my skivvies and it be this cute, but it wouldn't be - so I didn't. 

Thank you Kara and Q for inviting us! We had a BLAST!!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks like fun!! Love sunshine in the pictures! So glad you got to go play, you two deserve it!

Meghan White said...

it looks amazing!!

Kristin said...

I'm jealous-- you should have gone with me. ;-)

Elisha Wiggins said...

Oh that looks like so much fun! So glad you got to take a trip!

Russ and Erin said...

You guys SO Deserved this trip! Glad yall had fun!! P.S. Rod should have laid on those rocks just like the little mermaid! lol!

Ani said...

Hi there. I hope it is ok that I am commenting. Someone sent me the link to your poem for Christmas on your blog.We lost our baby girl on August 12 of this year.
I am so glad you guys got to get away. I don't even know you, but looking at your pictures, and looking at your eyes, is like looking into my own. I scrolled down a little to confirm that I thought, and I was right.
You can be smiling, and happy, but there is just a little something (or HUGE!) missing. I look at myself everyday, and wonder if I will ever be as happy as I once was.
Hoping that you are surviving this Christmas season. Have you read the Christmas Box? It kinda changed my feelings for Christmas this year.
XO
Ani