Thursday, October 27, 2011

Sporadic thoughts

I am surrounded by men and women who never cease to AMAZE me. My heart aches for those who endure trials that I don't know if I could face myself. Which further proves that God only gives us what we can handle.

I cry when I think of all the wonderful things ppl have done/said to us these last few months. I am stubborn and way too independent and it has forced me to be humbled in ways I didn't think I could be. Rod is amazing. And that's an understatement. I am genuinely happy for women in my life who are pregnant and I understand why it's hard for them to tell me b/c I would think the same thing! Being a mother is the greatest feeling in the world. What kind of person/friend would I be if I were to be upset by someone being able to feel that?!

I was at Hobby Lobby the other day and a mother and her 3 kids were in the next aisle over and the mother was being VERY hard on one in particular that was crying. I instantly had a rush of emotion come over me when I hear her say with hate in her voice, "Ugh, I'm so sick of this!!!" Don't get me wrong, everyone is entitled to feeling that way, and I understand words come out that we don't mean - but it def. gets me thinking about the words I say when someone else could be listening. How would she have felt if she only knew a mother one aisle away had just buried her 4 month old son? I'm such a weirdo that I was very close to offering to hold her young child so she could finish her shopping. HA! 

Side note: Russ & Erin and their 3 kids are moving to AZ this weekend. I am SOOOO excited!! Hurry up and get here Crumptons! :~)

2 comments:

Kristin said...

Thanks for the reminder. I think as a mother I, all too often, react instead of act when my children are difficult. So thanks for the guilt trip! That's the second time today already. (the first was picking up Andrew from school-- I was rather hard on him for being slow and late getting ready for school, only to have the school call 2 hours later and send my very very sickly, puking boy home--bad me)

Jazz and Rod said...

Oh you know I didn't intend to guilt trip at all! I can't say anything really b/c I've only had 1 and he never talked back to me! :~)