Friday, February 15, 2008

Trip to AZ - Part 2

It's good to be back in Georgia with Rod! The 2 1/2 weeks in AZ were WONDERFUL! I didn't get pictures of everyone and everything but it's probably b/c I was too wrapped up in the moment(s)!

Some of my favorite:
*I got to see and spend time with my Grandpa J. and the rest of my Julander cousins!
*I had lunch/dinner dates with a friend pretty much every other day
*The fabulous Sonic crew at Lindsay & McKellips welcomed me back w/ open arms :~)
*Even though it's months early -Carrie, Jenna & I held our traditionanl birthday breakfast @ The Good Egg.
*Failed attempt at star searching in Scottsdale, getting harrassed by and then exchanging some choice words with a Ukrainian bike-cart man and then meeting your friends outside the big tent party that they somehow managed to sneak into and retrieve VIP passes for - good times.
*I had Costa Vida a total of 6 times while I was there...sounds a little much but we don't have ANYTHING like it out here!!!
*My mom's cooking - I don't even care what it was, it was fabulous b/c I didn't make it.
*Spending time with my younger sisters/family - probably more than they bargained for but I enjoyed it!!
*The warmer temperature & getting to wear sandals! YAY!
*Had the chance to play with my old Bunco group - and was a sub for another group too!
*The chill nights with the girls - we don't have to be doing anything in particular and it is ALWAYS fun!

A few pics:

The proud parents - Kara & Quinton

One of the outfits I got for him - look at that lil' face!

Tempe Town Lake - we missed Boys Like Girls but hoped Counting Crows would deliver. We were wrong.

The fireworks were FABULOUS! Better than any other show I've seen!

I think we love going to Sonic mostly to confuse anyone that takes our order:
Diet Dr. Pepper ~ Dr. Pepper w/ Vanilla ~ Regular ol' Dr. Pepper


I miss AZ and everyone there but I missed Rod too! I had so much fun & couldn't have asked for more. Being far away def. helps me appreciate all the ppl in my life more then ever! So for now...it's back to the dirty souf. Miss & love you all! I'll be back soon!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

You just had to bring it up didn't you...don't forget that one time you tried to parallel park - STILL makes me laugh! Glad you had fun in AZ girl, now get to UT!!!

The Gotzingers said...

Glad you had a good time!! YAY!! Reunions are always the best!! :o)

Kara Jones said...

Q tries to have Gibson wear that outfit everyday, or at least every time we go out. It's his favorite.
Hurry up and provide Gib with a cousin, plus I need someone to help me use up all this milk. There is no more room in my freezer, we have to go buy a deep freeze unit today!

Kara Jones said...

I noticed my hair looks like a mink stole, yeah I cut it Tuesday. Much more manageable now. And who is the little tyke wearing the SPURS jersey??

Chitney said...

COME BACK!!!