Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Memorial Day Weekend

This past weekend was wonderful...(except for the fact that the Spurs beat the Lakers, not gonna get into it right now.) Rod and I decided we would actually go and DO something in downtown ATL! It's about 37 miles away and traffic here is HORRIBLE so we haven't really had a reason to be down there except to go to the airport. We decided to hit up the World of Coca Cola on Monday & to our surprise it wasn't super busy! PHEW! It took about an hour & 1/2 to get thru the 20-acre complex and most was self-guided which was nice bc I'm not very patient.

Rod imagining he's taking a cold one from the pharmacist that made it all possible- John S. Pemberton himself!

I want this thing in my house - it's a super old soda fountain made of solid marble. Atleast that's what I think they said - wasn't paying attention, I was daydreaming of being able to have this thing filled with crushed ice and gallons of vanilla Dr. Pepper....

They have these different fountain drinks you can try with different Coke products from around the world like Europe, Latin America, Asia, etc. I'm here at the African station sampling their "Stoney" - this pic is for you Meg! Most were filthy...but Rod and I enjoyed watching the foreigners gather around to sample the United States fountain drinks! HAHA! We did get a bottled coke at the end but Rod was a little disappointed when he found out they didn't have the cane sugar bottled coke like you get in Mexico...what the?!

Afterwards we walked down to the CNN center to get some lunch and ate at this place called Don Juan's. Mexican food is few and far between in these parts. There is no such thing as Filly-B's here, Gecko Grill is a foreign concept and Costa Vida never seemed so far away either!

We took a nap when we got home and then went and saw the new Narnia too. And what better way to end a day than with a Route 44 VDP from Sonic...the perfect ending to a pretty perfect day.

7 comments:

Chitney said...

I freakin love you!! Rod your my favorite!!

Meghan White said...

That is awesome that they have that soda in Africa of all places! There is a Beer made in Germany called Stoney too, just in case you were wondering. But I guess you can't drink the beer Stoney. Sounds like you had a fun, long day!

Mallory said...

how fun!! you guys are pretty far from downtown. that stinks. we are like 15- 20 minutes away. i think about 17 miles?? not sure. MMM costa vida-- im craving that but the closest one is in memphis!! too far. :( at least we have chipotle 2 seconds away from out casa! hope all is going well! we miss your face!

Meghan White said...

PS Jazz, what did the Stoney soda taste like?

Kara Jones said...

Rod knows best.
Coke from Mexico is the greatest.
I would drink a warm can of V8, in my car, 122 degrees outside before I drink soda... however, one memorable trip to Mexico about 3 years ago, I had the desperate choice of condensation off a cold glass bottle of Coke, or the Coke itself. Seems like a no-brainer, but since I hadn't had soda since 1997 I was torn. I drank it, t'was delicious & I remember thinking, " Coke does not taste this good on the other side of the border."

Jazz and Rod said...

1997....wow - I haven't had soda in, let's see - about 47 mins.

The Gotzingers said...

Sounds like you guys had a good time. You still look gorgeous as ever!! Hope your enjoying mrrrrdd life!