Monday, October 3, 2011

The designers side...

I just finished reading a book entitled, "Angel Children" by Mary V. Hill.  I have a feeling I'll be sharing parts from this book over the next few months. Here's the one I needed today.

Marvin J. Ballard shared this story:
"I remember going to a carpet factory where they were making beautiful rugs. I approached from the seamy side. The shuttle was flying back and forth and the warp and woof were being made but there was not any design there. It was all ravelings and ends. It was just like life. When I stepped around on the other side it was another picture. It was the same operation - the same things exactly, only this was the design side. The color was blending; the figure was developing. There was not any failure there. We look at sorrows and we think they are tragedies, but we are only looking at things from the seamy side. There is another side to the picture, the designers side - God's side. And there are no blunders there.

Some day we will see it. Some day we will be able to say, "The Lord liveth! The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away. Blessed be the name of the Lord!"





Look at this boy...is it any wonder why Heaven wanted him back!? :~) Love you Cannon.

6 comments:

Brittney said...

What a beautiful analogy...and very TRUE too! Your strength in the midst of such trial gives me strength. Thanks for sharing.

Kristin said...

So true- God weaves a beautiful fabric that we cannot see. I'm so sorry that you have to endure this trial, but someday you will see the other side and I'm certain will not be sorry. Those pictures are so cute- the first one is my favorite.

Meghan White said...

what a wonderful quote!! I love the pictures, he truly is such a sweet and special boy!!

Unknown said...

the "chick magnet" picture is my FAVORITE!! Thank you for sharing!

Desiree Hunter said...

Jazz thank you for sharing! I think I am going to look up that book for my friend. She too, just lost her baby (yes I attended two baby funderals in one month! Lets not do that ever again!) Anyway, I think she would really like this. So thank you for sharing :) We miss you guys and hope you are doing well!

Jenna Hardy said...

Love him and YOU!